Sunday, June 06, 2010

Announcement XX: Back to Business

I arrived home in Edinburgh on Saturday evening and I am now back online (a plug-in and a switch pressed - if only it was so easy in France...).

En route here, I trawled through Marshall's Principles (the so-called 'volume 1, which turned out to be the only volume) and uncovered some forgotten pieces on Adam Smith, which I may discuss in a future post.

Marshall posted an 'appendix' on the history of economic thought which reads like those parts of the Wealth Of Nations, but with a wholly unSmithian dash of Germanic race-theory and a touch pf British imperialism of the 'Northern' origins of civilised man, moving southwards from the cold regions to displace where it could not reform the weaker races of the hotter climes.

While away, I wrote some examination questions and solutions for my old day job at the Business School, which I shall tidy up an send in for exams in 2011 and 2012.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home